Saturday, May 07, 2005

Friday May 6th "Enterprise"

I put the title that way because I actually missed the title of last night's episode.

It was so dark and sketchy I won't be writing much about it. Whatever gimmick they come up with next week to produce a little Tuckerette via T'Pol who never got pregnant (cloning, stolen genetic material from both parents without their knowledge) I won't buy it, it's ridiculous period.
Peter Weller is scary because he's understated, not over the top.

and the rhetoric is so heavy handed in its comparisons to many of the debates going on in America today that it overkills its case and interferes with any enjoyment of the "story" such as it is. I do too much of that over at my other blog to have any desire to see it when I switch over to my fun TV

How can it be good writing when you "knew" the reporter chick was a plant! Poor Boomer.

This is the depressed part of the wake.

Also I'm peeved at the programming decision to attach the Berman/Braga finally (as in finally after this they'll shut up!) on top of the second half of this episode. It creates the idea of a false continuity, as if one really has anything to do with the other.

Pfft. My fictional friends are leaving my screen and doing in in a dark and listless kinda way.

No comments: